The Emmet County Board of Supervisors heard of the dangers of electromagnetic radiation from an Estherville resident at their regular meeting Tuesday.
Laura Haney said she had heard that the county was considering Blue Tooth sets for certain employees. She said she had been studying electromagnetic energy and of people getting sick.
"I did want to meet with you before someone gets sick," Haney said. "It doesn't seem that the cost is worth the gain."
"I guess I'm not sure what to even say," said board chair Bev Juhl.
Haney offered other concerns regarding electromagnetic radiation, including bees dying because they're unable to learn to return to the hive.