To the EDN:
I believe that I am a member of a community whose purpose is to help the less fortunate, the poor, the handicapped, the minority member, and the elderly. I believe that we are all in this together and must care about each other to make this a better place. Republican individualism is contrary to the essence of my faith.
1. I believe in Medicare for all, regardless of age. No one should profit from people who are sick.
2. I believe that the financial sector needs to regulated by the government to prevent further financial crisis.
3. I believe that alternative energy such as wind and solar needs to be encouraged by the government. I don't believe in "drill baby drill."
4. I want my grandchildren to live in a world with clean air and pure water and I want the government to make sure that this happens.
5. I believe that the government should not intrude in women's medical decisions.
6. I believe in equality for all, regardless of race, gender, creed, age, or sexual orientation.
7. I believe that the Dept of Defense's budget should be controlled by government. We are spending six times more than China. We have 15 aircraft carriers versus China's 1. We are engaged in a war with Al Qaeda who has no air force and no navy.
8. I believe that the government should be completely neutral in all religious matters neither for nor against any religion, as the founding fathers indicated in the Treaty of Tripoli, early in our country's history.
I care about people, not things. I am a Democrat.