The Estherville Fire Department responded to a house fire early Sunday morning.
According to Estherville fire chief Dick Beaver, firefighters responded to a call at 3:10 a.m. to a structure fire at 326 N. 19th St. Upon arrival firefighters found fire coming out of the back corner of the house in the kitchen area. The cause appears to be a electrical short.
The home is owned by Nate Newhouse of Spencer and is occupied by Catie Avila.
Firefighters were on scene about two hours and were assisted by Estherville Police Department, Estherville Ambulance and Emmet County Sheriff.