Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS
 
 
 

Local man dies in house fire

November 29, 2013
Estherville News

An Estherville man perished in a house fire at his home on Friday.

According to Estherville Fire Chief Dick Beaver, firefighters were paged at 1:13 p.m. to a structure fire at 515 S. Eighth St. Upon arrival, smoke was coming out of the windows.

When firefighters made entry into the house to search and extinguish the fire, owner Ralph (Bud) Lyons was found deceased.

Article Photos

Firefighters and rescue personnel work to put out the fire at 515 S. Eighth St. in Estherville. A cigarette was determined as the cause of the blaze.
Photo by David Swartz

Investigation by the Iowa State Fire Marshall determined a cigarette started the fire.

Firefighters were on scene for about three hours. The Estherville Fire Department was assisted by the Wallingford Fire Department, Estherville Police Department, Estherville Ambulance and the Emmet County Sheriff Department.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web